Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Up in Honey's Room by Elmore Leonard ***

I don't know if you've ever read any Elmore Leonard before, but I'm pretty sure that if you wrote as many books as he does you'd have to have quite a few stinkers in there. This wasn't exactly a stinker, but it wasn't great lit either. I think I've read a couple of his other works over the years, but can't remember which ones.

Basically it's one of those fantastic, goofy plots that could either be great or lame. I'm voting on lame. I honestly don't have it in me to explain what it's about, let's just say it includes these things: a pro-Nazi German-American that looks like Himmler, a gal that is very liberated for the times (1945), some dude from Oklahoma that's supposed to be great (?), & an escaped German POW.

I know, I know, this review has to be much lamer than the book I'm critiquing, & it is. Let's just say I wasn't very inspired!

No comments: